Here’s a tip from the IRS. Hi, I’m Nina, and I work for
the Internal Revenue Service. Are you getting a refund check
this year? If so, let your refund
work for you. You can purchase
up to $5,000 each year in U.S. Series I bonds
in increments of $50 as you file
your federal tax refund. Get them for yourself or others, such as a child
or anyone you’d like, and earn interest
up to 30 years. When you file your tax return, just use Form 8888 to buy the bonds. If you e-file, your tax software will ask you if you want
to split your refund. You have the option to buy
your I bonds at that time. You can also choose
direct deposit or a paper check in the mail for any remaining refund amount
not used to purchase bonds. Make saving easier
with U.S. savings bonds. Learn more on